1. Users must record their signature in the register kept at the check point while entering the library.
2. Deposit your personal belongings at the property counter.
3. Readers should maintain silence in the library.
4. Readers are requested to switch off or silent their mobile phones in the library premises.
5. Carrying the personal books or any other study materials is prohibited inside the reference hall.
6. Readers are requested to see that library materials/books are not misplaced.
7. Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position. Keep the library premises tidy.
8. Readers should not mark, underline, write, or tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents.
9. All readers are required to maintain discipline in the library.
10. Library staff is not responsible for reader's personal books.
11. Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the Library.
12.Students must carry their ID card in the Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
13. Boys and Girls should be sitting separately.
14. Misbehavior in the Library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action.
15. Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.
16. Two books will be issued for seven days and they must be returned on or before the last date stamped on the date-slip of each document.
17. Users can retain the books for due date, after which a fine of Rs.10/- per book per day for next three days, after three day, fine will be charged Rs.100.00/- per day and after one week the fine charges will be Rs.500.00/- per day.
18. When books are issued, Students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the counter.
19. Any kind of damage of library materials (marking, underlying and clipping of books) is absolutely forbidden.
20. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and asked to replace it.
21. Absence from the institute will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
22. In case of a holiday of the college, the issued books will be deposit at the date of opening the college.
23. Renewal of the books is allowed only for Faculty or staff.
24. Sending reminders to defaulters is not obligatory on the part of the Library.
25. Readers are not allowed to borrow books on the card of another reader.
26. There should be entry of any issued books or documents on the gate register.
27. Loss of borrower`s card to be reported immediately in writing application to the librarian and the fine of Rs 50/- is charged for duplicate card.
28. In case of lost or damage book, person should be either deposit two books of new edition (same title) or pay the double cost of book.
29. Reference books are issued only for faculty till 24 hours.
30. Books will be reissued only for faculty or staff for not more than three times. After that the borrower must return the book(s).
31. Reference books, journals / periodicals, magazines/newspapers, CD-ROM databases and other documents declared “For Reference” by the Librarian will not be issued.
32. Students must carry their ID card while issuing the books and reading the books. They must show their ID card on demand.
33. Reference books, Newspaper and Magazines/Journals should not be taken out of the library.
34. The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his/her identity card.
35. Students are required to keep their Aprons on the check point. No Aprons will be allowed in Stack Area of library.
36. The library is not responsible for any loss of any personal property brought into the library.
37. Every user must return the books/magazines/newspapers to its original place after its use have been served.
38. Silence must be strictly observed both by the users and the library staff in the reading and reference zones of the library.
In the hostel premises following are strictly prohibited
*Consumption of alcoholic drinks/drugs.
*Intimidation or violence
*Willful damage to property
*Entering the hostel premises in intoxicated state.
*Shouting and using abusive language in their own hostel or in other hostel premises and campus.
*Employing unauthorized persons for personal work such as washing clothes, etc.
*Cooking in room.
1. All Employees should always report for duty on time.
2. If an employee is unable to report for duty, he/she should inform the head of the department concerned well in advance if possible.
3. All Employees should report for duty dressed smartly in clean and should wear formal clothes only.
4. No Hospital Employees should take the uniform out of the hospital premises without permission.
5. Newly joined employees and the employees who wish to end their service should meet the HR Dept first.
6. Employees should follow the hierarchy structure of the organization.
7. The Company expects each employee to maintain proper decorum. Employees are expected to conduct themselves on the job in a manner that contributes to operating effectiveness, productivity, safety and a harmonious work environment.
8. No employee shall be under the influence of or using alcoholic beverages including drinking such beverages during the work hours. Any employee arriving to work under the influence of alcohol or an illegal substance will not be permitted to work.
9. You are required to be at your appointed work place and ready to begin work at the appointedstarting time. Irregular attendance or tardiness will not be tolerated and may result in termination.
10. Employees who work late or on overtime must ensure that all lights, air-conditions and Equipments are shut off when they leave the work place.
11. An employee shall have a meal break of 1 Hour and the meal break shall be included in the working hours.
12. Biometric attendance should be given before 8:10 AM when entering and not before 5 PM when leaving.
13. Each department should have an attendance register of the employees working under it and it should be maintained by the Department In charge.
14. If an employee wishes to take leave for 1 or 2 days then his/her HOD can grant him the leave. If the employee wishes to take leave for more than 2 days then he/she should meet the HR.
15. Each employee must act in accordance with the company’s policies, orders, rules, regulations, guidelines etc. applicable from time to time.
16. Employees should be present at the work place allotted to them during the working hours. Only the maintenance department is allowed relaxation in this case. Only the Dept In charge is allowed to go to the other departments for official work.
17. All Employees should respect to their fellow and senior staff.
18. No Employee should Smoke in prohibited areas.
19. If employees do not meet the company’s expectations of performance or conduct, necessary corrective action may be taken. It is within management’s discretion to determine what measure would be appropriate under each circumstance.
20. For night duty An employee required to work beyond 9 P.M shall work for 8 hours only and his /her safety shall be ensured by the employer.
1. Every year 12 CL’s would be given to the employees.
2. CL’s would count from 1st January to 31st December of a year.
3. They are allowed to take only one CL in a month.
4. An employee can take 2 CL’s in a month if his previous month’s CL is/are pending.
5. Advance CL is not allowed.
6. If an employee wants 3 CL’s in a month then he/she should take permission from the Head of his/her department.
7. Employee can work on Sundays/ Gazetted holiday and can take compensatory off on any other day if his/her Head of the department permits.
8. If in the month of December, an employee has 8 or more CL’s left then he/she would be paid for those CL’s.
9. If an employee takes leave without informing the head of the department then one day extra salary would be deducted.
College & Academic Rules
1.All students are required to always carry their valid Identity Cards issued to them by the Institute.
2.All students are required to maintain standards of behavior expected of students of a prestigious institution. They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with every one inside and outside the RMRI campus.
3.The rooms, common areas and surroundings of the hostel should be kept clean and hygienic. Notices shall not be pasted on walls and walls shall not be scribbled on.
4.Rooms are allotted to each student on his/her personal responsibility. He/she should see to the upkeep of his/her room, hostel and its environment.
5.Students should bring to the notice of the caretaker any pending maintenance work (Civil, Carpentry, Electrical, and Sanitation) to be carried out in rooms, corridors, toilets or other areas in hostel premises.
6.Students should co-operate in carrying out maintenance work and vacate their rooms completely when the Hostel administration requires the rooms for this purpose. On such occasions, the management will try to provide alternate accommodation. If any maintenance work is to be carried out when the room is under occupation, it is the occupant’s responsibility to make the room available for the maintenance work.
7.The resident of a room is responsible for any damage to the property in the room during his / her occupancy of that room and will be required to replace/repair at their own cost the damage, if any.
8.In case of damage to or loss of hostel property the cost will be recovered from the students responsible for such damage or loss, if identified, or from all the students of the wing/hostel, as decided by the Wardens
9.The resident shall not move any furniture from its proper allotted place and also not damage them in anyway. If there are any additional items other than the above belonging to the hostel in a room, the occupant of the room shall hand over them to the caretaker, failing which he/she will be charged a penal rent as decided by the Wardens.
10.Ragging of students admitted to the Institute is totally banned. Any violation of this by the senior students will be dealt with very severely as per the Institute norms and guidelines issued from time to time by the competent authorities.
11.Freshers should report incidents of ragging immediately. Those who do not do so even when being witnesses or victims, will be considered to be part of this practice, and will also be punished accordingly.
12.When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, collective punishment on suspected group could be resorted to as a possible deterrent measure, as it would ensure community pressure on the potential raggers not to indulge in ragging.