The aim of the Post Basic B.Sc. The nursing programme is to prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services. It prepares nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice and assume the role of teacher, supervisor, and manager in a clinical/ community health setting/institution of nursing education. On completion of the Two Year Post Basic B.Sc Nursing programme, the graduate will be able to:-
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioural sciences, medical including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of lifestyle and other factors, which affect the health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on the nursing process.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive, and restorative health services in line with National Health Policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of the code of ethics and professional conduct, and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching individuals and groups in clinical/community health settings/ Institutions of Nursing education.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in the health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Conduct need-based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
Nurses are usually employed in teams under qualified doctors and supervisors in hospitals, medical facilities, clinics etc. They can work as Chief Nursing Officers, Critical Care Nurses, Nurse Instructors, Nurse Manager, Paramedic Nurses, Nurse Assistants, Community Health Specialist, etc. Post Basic BSc Nursing graduates can find relevant jobs in Government Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Super Specialty Hospitals, Private Hospitals, Old age Homes, Orphanages, Armed Forces, Indian Red Cross societies, NGOs, Government agencies, Educational Institutions, Research Institutes, etc.
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose. Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Students shall be admitted once in a year.
Every student shall undergo a period of study extending over 2 academic years from the date of commencement of the study for the subjects comprising the medical curriculum to the date of completion of the examination.
The period of 2 years is divided into the study of different subjects related to
Microbiology, Nutrition & Dietetics, Biochemistry & Biophysics, Psychology, Nursing Foundation, Maternal Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Advanced Medical & Surgical Nursing, Sociology, Community Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research & Statistics, etc.
“It is our pleasure to welcome you at Rajshree Institute of Management & Technology, Bareilly. I am delighted you have chosen our Institute for your education and to lay the foundation of your professional career.”
Tuition Fee Rs. 1,08,000/- Per Year
Exam Fee As per University
*Fees are subject to change without notice. The fees at the time of admission is the actual fees payable. Disputes, if any, will be redressed under the University rules and regulations.
Documents required while submitting an application:
Fees are as per regulation of the U.P. State Medical Faculty/INC, New Delhi.
All the fees should be paid in the form of a Cash/Demand Draft drawn in favour of Rajshree Nursing Institute payable at Bareilly.
Fees must be deposited as per the fees schedule.
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Hostel fees is payable by those students, who will be provided hostel accommodation.
|Evaluation of Practical/Dissertations & Project Reports||50||50||100|
Theory Internal Evaluation Criteria
|ClassTest1||ClassTest2||ClassTest3||Sports, Seminars, workshops, discipline, Class Tutorials & Activity||Assignment||Attendance||Total|
|Best Two out of Three|
Practical Internal Evaluation Criteria
|Best Two out of Three|
NCP- Nursing Care Plan, CS-Nursing Case Study, CP-Nursing Case Presentation, HT- Health Talk, DB-Drug Book, CRB- Clinical Record Book, CD- Clinical Dairy.
|Duration of Examination||External||Internal|
|3 Hours.||2 Hours.|
POST BASIC B. SC NURSING CURRICULUM YEAR –I
|Sr.No.||Course||Duration of Exam||Evaluation Scheme|
|3||Biochemistry and Biophysics||3||25||75||100|
|6||Child health nursing||3||25||75||100|
|9||Basic English Communication||2||50||50||100|
|12||Medical surgical nursing (P)||–||50||50||100|