Faculties & Staff Rules
RMRI Rules and Regulation for All Faculties and Staff. Click Here.
Library Rules & Regulation
Working Hour: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
1. Users must record their signature in the register kept at the check point while entering the library.
2. Deposit your personal belongings at the property counter.
3. Readers should maintain silence in the library.
4. Readers are requested to switch off or silent their mobile phones in the library premises.
5. Carrying the personal books or any other study materials is prohibited inside the reference hall.
6. Readers are requested to see that library materials/books are not misplaced.
7. Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position. Keep the library premises tidy.
8. Readers should not mark, underline, write, or tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents.
9. All readers are required to maintain discipline in the library.
10. Library staff is not responsible for reader’s personal books.
11. Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the Library.
12.Students must carry their ID card in the Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
13. Boys and Girls should be sitting separately.
14. Misbehavior in the Library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action.
15. Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.
16. Two books will be issued for seven days and they must be returned on or before the last date stamped on the date-slip of each document.
17. Users can retain the books for due date, after which a fine of Rs.10/- per book per day for next three days, after three day, fine will be charged Rs.100.00/- per day and after one week the fine charges will be Rs.500.00/- per day.
18. When books are issued, Students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the counter.
19. Any kind of damage of library materials (marking, underlying and clipping of books) is absolutely forbidden.
20. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and asked to replace it.
21. Absence from the institute will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
22. In case of a holiday of the college, the issued books will be deposit at the date of opening the college.
23. Renewal of the books is allowed only for Faculty or staff.
24. Sending reminders to defaulters is not obligatory on the part of the Library.
25. Readers are not allowed to borrow books on the card of another reader.
26. There should be entry of any issued books or documents on the gate register.
27. Loss of borrower`s card to be reported immediately in writing application to the librarian and the fine of Rs 50/- is charged for duplicate card.
28. In case of lost or damage book, person should be either deposit two books of new edition (same title) or pay the double cost of book.
29. Reference books are issued only for faculty till 24 hours.
30. Books will be reissued only for faculty or staff for not more than three times. After that the borrower must return the book(s).
31. Reference books, journals / periodicals, magazines/newspapers, CD-ROM databases and other documents declared “For Reference” by the Librarian will not be issued.
32. Students must carry their ID card while issuing the books and reading the books. They must show their ID card on demand.
33. Reference books, Newspaper and Magazines/Journals should not be taken out of the library.
34. The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his/her identity card.
35. Students are required to keep their Aprons on the check point. No Aprons will be allowed in Stack Area of library.
36. The library is not responsible for any loss of any personal property brought into the library.
37. Every user must return the books/magazines/newspapers to its original place after its use have been served.
38. Silence must be strictly observed both by the users and the library staff in the reading and reference zones of the library.
In the hostel premises following are strictly prohibited
*Consumption of alcoholic drinks/drugs.
*Intimidation or violence
*Willful damage to property
*Entering the hostel premises in intoxicated state.
*Shouting and using abusive language in their own hostel or in other hostel premises and campus.
*Employing unauthorized persons for personal work such as washing clothes, etc.
*Cooking in room.
1. All students are required to always carry their valid Identity Cards issued to them by the Institute.
2. All students are required to maintain standards of behavior expected of students of a prestigious institution. They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with every one inside and outside the RMRI campus.
3. The rooms, common areas and surroundings of the hostel should be kept clean and hygienic. Notices shall not be pasted on walls and walls shall not be scribbled on.
4. Rooms are allotted to each student on his/her personal responsibility. He/she should see to the upkeep of his/her room, hostel and its environment.
5. Students should bring to the notice of the caretaker any pending maintenance work (Civil, Carpentry, Electrical, and Sanitation) to be carried out in rooms, corridors, toilets or other areas in hostel premises.
6. Students should co-operate in carrying out maintenance work and vacate their rooms completely when the Hostel administration requires the rooms for this purpose. On such occasions, the management will try to provide alternate accommodation. If any maintenance work is to be carried out when the room is under occupation, it is the occupant’s responsibility to make the room available for the maintenance work.
7. The resident of a room is responsible for any damage to the property in the room during his / her occupancy of that room and will be required to replace/repair at their own cost the damage, if any.
8. In case of damage to or loss of hostel property the cost will be recovered from the students responsible for such damage or loss, if identified, or from all the students of the wing/hostel, as decided by the Wardens
9. The resident shall not move any furniture from its proper allotted place and also not damage them in anyway. If there are any additional items other than the above belonging to the hostel in a room, the occupant of the room shall hand over them to the caretaker, failing which he/she will be charged a penal rent as decided by the Wardens.
10. Ragging of students admitted to the Institute is totally banned. Any violation of this by the senior students will be dealt with very severely as per the Institute norms and guidelines issued from time to time by the competent authorities.
11. Freshers should report incidents of ragging immediately. Those who do not do so even when being witnesses or victims, will be considered to be part of this practice, and will also be punished accordingly.
12. When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, collective punishment on suspected group could be resorted to as a possible deterrent measure, as it would ensure community pressure on the potential raggers not to indulge in ragging.
Security Fee Refund
- Security Fee will be refunded after submission of ‘No Dues Certificate’ and on approval of the designated official of concerned College/ Hostel. Only on successful completion of course & No dues formalities security will be refunded. Students will have to apply through online mode on successful completion of course for refund of security.